Friday, November 29, 2013

Christ the King and His Rain

Sunday was the Feast of Christ the King, which is also the last Sunday of the liturgical year.  In this region, it is common to have Eucharistic processions to celebrate.  Here, Sacred Heart Parish in Shisong had a procession from the parish to the cathedral.  


Below, you see Maribel encouraging the young people to sing about the kingdom of God as they walk and dance, and the priest carrying the Blessed Sacrament in a monstrance.
 


 


I have been getting lots of weather reports from home.  It seems that it is unseasonably cold and there is an expectation of snow.  I thought I would include my own weather report, since there is not much weather available on-line for Shisong.  It is currently the dry season.  Usually this season is aptly named, as I have never really seen rain here when I was here in the dry season.  This year there is rain.  On Sunday after the procession, the skies opened up with heavy rain, thunder, lightning, and even hail.  This keeps the dust down and of course is good for growing things and for the water supply, but not good for those trying to do dry season activities such as build (which often includes making bricks from the local soil) or travel.  Oh well.  I do not get to order the weather.  Here are some picture’s of one of the convent gardens (“farms”) which is benefiting from the rain but also from diligent watering by the sisters, as well as the nearby hillside which I find to be particularly pretty. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment